Printing values on pgadmin tool window using plperlu

From
"Harpreet Dhaliwal"
Date:
Hi

I have a function written in language plpelu.
Normally, values in perl code are printed using
print statement.
Then same when used in postgres environment won't print messages in
'Messages' tab to pgadmin query tool window.
How and where can I print these values while running the plperlu function.

Thanks,
~Harpreet

Re: Printing values on pgadmin tool window using plperlu

From
Michael Fuhr
Date:
On Sun, May 13, 2007 at 11:51:55PM -0400, Harpreet Dhaliwal wrote:
> I have a function written in language plpelu.
> Normally, values in perl code are printed using
> print statement.
> Then same when used in postgres environment won't print messages in
> 'Messages' tab to pgadmin query tool window.
> How and where can I print these values while running the plperlu function.

Use elog().

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.2/interactive/plperl-database.html

--
Michael Fuhr