Migrating data from mssql to postgresql

From
"M. Nejat AYDIN"
Date:
How can I migrate data from mssql to postgresql?

I have researched in the mailing list archives
and found some information. Some of them is related
to "migration wizard" tool, which is, I believe, a
plugin running on the pgadmin. But the current version
of pgadmin does not contain it (or I could not find it).
Is there any actual tool for this purpose ?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Migrating data from mssql to postgresql

From
"Zongliang, Quan"
Try these:

http://pgfoundry.org/projects/my2postgres/
http://pgfoundry.org/projects/mysql2pgsql/

Regards.

On Thu, 05 Apr 2007 11:00:58 +0300
"M. Nejat AYDIN" <neco@koz.com.tr> wrote:

> How can I migrate data from mssql to postgresql?
>
> I have researched in the mailing list archives
> and found some information. Some of them is related
> to "migration wizard" tool, which is, I believe, a
> plugin running on the pgadmin. But the current version
> of pgadmin does not contain it (or I could not find it).
> Is there any actual tool for this purpose ?
>
> Thanks in advance.

> TIP 2: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster

Zongliang Quan
quanzongliang@gmail.com,quanzongliang@hotmail.com
Admin by
http://postgresql.oss.tw
http://postgresql-chinese.blogspot.com

Re: Migrating data from mssql to postgresql

From
"Shoaib Mir"
Date:
You can use the MSSQL DTS wizard for that purpose and using PostgreSQL ODBC connector for target database connectivity there.

--
Shoaib Mir
EnterpriseDB (www.enterprisedb.com )

How can I migrate data from mssql to postgresql?

and found some information. Some of them is related
to "migration wizard" tool, which is, I believe, a
plugin running on the pgadmin. But the current version
of pgadmin does not contain it (or I could not find it).
Is there any actual tool for this purpose ?

Thanks in advance.

TIP 2: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster

Re: Migrating data from mssql to postgresql

From
David Fetter
Date:
On Thu, Apr 05, 2007 at 11:00:58AM +0300, M. Nejat AYDIN wrote:
> How can I migrate data from mssql to postgresql?
>
> I have researched in the mailing list archives and found some
> information. Some of them is related to "migration wizard" tool,
> which is, I believe, a plugin running on the pgadmin. But the
> current version of pgadmin does not contain it (or I could not find
> it).  Is there any actual tool for this purpose ?

You can use DBI-Link <http://pgfoundry.org/projects/dbi-link/> to make
the MS-SQL Server data available to PostgreSQL and pull it in at your
leisure :)

Cheers,
David.
phone: +1 415 235 3778        AIM: dfetter666
                              Skype: davidfetter

Remember to vote!
Consider donating to PostgreSQL: http://www.postgresql.org/about/donate