Paranthesis and Driver JDBC

From
"Albert"
Date:
Hi all!

I use postgresql 8.0 and its driver for JDBC.A strange thing happens:
when my application creates a query it is created always with a
parenthesis more than expected, that is a query like this one:

SELECT * FROM table_x WHERE (table_x.afield='a' and
table_x.bfield='b')) order by table_x.a

This query is NOT executed using pgadmin, which detects the error, but
this does not happen in the application : the query isexecuted and the
correct resultis sent back by the database.

Is there some functionality in the driver that permits the correction
of this type of error? How could you explain this behaviour?

Thanks!

Alberto

Re: Paranthesis and Driver JDBC

From
Thomas Burdairon
Date:
Hi Alberto

You should upgrade to the most recent version of the jdbc driver :

see the change log details ( http://jdbc.postgresql.org/
changes.html#version_8.0-315 )

> When performing replace processing we must continue processing
> until we hit the end of a user supplied query, not just once we've
> detected the end of a valid query. Consider the example: SELECT a
> FROM t WHERE (1>0)) ORDER BY a; We must send the whole query to the
> backend, not just the section before the last closing parenthesis.
> (jurka) Thanks to Senden Kris.

Thomas