VACUUM ANALYZE

From
"Robert James"
Date:
I see in all the docs to run VACUUM ANALYZE periodically. My host told me that in Postgres 8.2 this is not needed as it is done automatically.

Is that true? How can I see the results of the automatic vacuum analyze? Or configure them?

Re: VACUUM ANALYZE

Date:
"Robert James" <srobertjames@gmail.com> writes:
> I see in all the docs to run VACUUM ANALYZE periodically. My host told me
> that in Postgres 8.2 this is not needed as it is done automatically.

8.2 has an autovacuum feature but it is *not* turned on by default ...
has your host enabled it?

> Is that true? How can I see the results of the automatic vacuum analyze? Or
> configure them?

See the autovacuum info in the documentation.

            regards, tom lane