DB Modeler

From
Thorsten Kraus
Date:
Hi,

which tools do you use for modelling your databases? I need a tool with
a graphical interface where I can create tables and relations. The tool
should also be able to create the DDL for Postgres.

Thanks,
Thorsten

Re: DB Modeler

From
Tino Wildenhain
Date:
Thorsten Kraus schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> which tools do you use for modelling your databases? I need a tool with
> a graphical interface where I can create tables and relations. The tool
> should also be able to create the DDL for Postgres.

What do you mean by "also" what else should it create? ;)
On Windows or with wine you could use casestudio, which is
now bought by Quest Software but still support Postgresql
along other databases.

I also had success with dia and dia2sql tools.

Regards
Tino

Re: DB Modeler

From
"Hakan Kocaman"
> which tools do you use for modelling your databases? I need a
> tool with
> a graphical interface where I can create tables and
> relations. The tool
> should also be able to create the DDL for Postgres.
>
> Thanks,
> Thorsten

i work with Clay in Eclipse:
http://www.azzurri.jp/en/software/clay/

Good Luck

Hakan

Re: DB Modeler

From
Raymond O'Donnell
Date:
On 08/03/2007 12:32, Hakan Kocaman wrote:

> i work with Clay in Eclipse:
> http://www.azzurri.jp/en/software/clay/

I use Clay also, from time to time. The only downside is that you can't
print from the free version, and the commercial version isn't available
outside Japan.

Ray.

rod@iol.ie

Re: DB Modeler

From
dje
Date:
I use case studio

Thorsten Kraus a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> which tools do you use for modelling your databases? I need a tool
> with a graphical interface where I can create tables and relations.
> The tool should also be able to create the DDL for Postgres.
>
> Thanks,
> Thorsten

Re: DB Modeler

From
"Tomi N/A"
Date:
2007/3/8, Raymond O'Donnell <rod@iol.ie>:
> On 08/03/2007 12:32, Hakan Kocaman wrote:
>
> > i work with Clay in Eclipse:
> > http://www.azzurri.jp/en/software/clay/
>
> I use Clay also, from time to time. The only downside is that you can't
> print from the free version, and the commercial version isn't available
> outside Japan.

Ditto.

Cheers,
t.n.a.