COPY from and NULL values for double precisions fields

From
"Andrej Ricnik-Bay"
Date:
Hi Guys,

I'm currently mucking around w/ importing TAB-delimited files;
how can I import empty values into a double precision field?

COPY complains about nothing between the TABS, about "\N"
and other variations, as being
"invalid input syntax for type double precision:"

What *is* valid syntax for this?  Can't find it for the life of me.

Cheers,
Andrej

Re: COPY from and NULL values for double precisions fields

From
Walter Vaughan
Date:
Andrej Ricnik-Bay wrote:

> I'm currently mucking around w/ importing TAB-delimited files;
> how can I import empty values into a double precision field?
>
> COPY complains about nothing between the TABS, about "\N"
> and other variations, as being
> "invalid input syntax for type double precision:"

For best help it would be good to include your copy statement. As a guess, I'd
say you need to include the following in the statement...

NULL ''

--
Walter

Date:
On 3/5/07, Walter Vaughan <wvaughan@steelerubber.com> wrote:

> For best help it would be good to include your copy statement. As a guess, I'd
> say you need to include the following in the statement...
>
> NULL ''
Thanks Walter, I found the cause of my troubles;  it wasn't copy,
it was the data.  I didn't check the structure, and copy fell over
the stupid line-feeds (^M) in the file.

Cheers,
Andrej