hardware question - LSI MegaRaid 8480e

From
Alan Hodgson
Date:
Does anyone have anything specifically good or bad to say about the LSI
MegaRaid 8480e, in particular RAID-10 performance, and performance and
stability under Linux or any problems with the battery-backed cache option?

I'm building a new database server and planning to hook one of these up to
an SAS JBOD enclosure for most of the storage.  It will be running Linux
x86_84 and any arrays will be RAID-10.

--
Eat right. Exercise regularly. Die anyway.

Re: hardware question - LSI MegaRaid 8480e

From
"Merlin Moncure"
Date:
On 3/1/07, Alan Hodgson <ahodgson@simkin.ca> wrote:
> Does anyone have anything specifically good or bad to say about the LSI
> MegaRaid 8480e, in particular RAID-10 performance, and performance and
> stability under Linux or any problems with the battery-backed cache option?
>
> I'm building a new database server and planning to hook one of these up to
> an SAS JBOD enclosure for most of the storage.  It will be running Linux
> x86_84 and any arrays will be RAID-10.

I was planning on doing exactly the same...would be very curious what
you come up with.

merlin