Re: is there a tracking trace tool like the "SQL Analizer

From
"Dave Page"

That's not what Harald was referring to. The server status dialog monitors the entire server via pg_stat*.

/D

Dave Page wrote:

> That's not what Harald was referring to. The server status dialog monitors the entire server via pg_stat*.
>
> /D

Hi Dave,

It was not just a response to Harald's comment, but also the one right
above his :-)

"You can achieve something similar by enabling query logging in the settings."

Which Harald then continued with this:

"that is within Tools / View Server Status of pgAdmin III"

So someone reading that may have thought that you could turn on query logging
in  Tools/ Server Status.(which as far as I can tell you can't)

So yes, you can turn on SQL logging in the main options dialog, but that will
not capture the query values in the server status dialog which what Harald was "seeming"
to say.

I guess everyone can read into something differently :-)

Later,

---

Tony Caduto
AM Software Design
http://www.amsoftwaredesign.com
Your best bet for Postgresql Administration