Slony across platforms

From
"Raymond O'Donnell"
Date:
Hi all,

Would there be any problem with using Slony-I to replicate from a
Windows server to Linux? Has anyone done this?

Also, is there a mailing list for Slony?

Thanks,

Ray O'Donnell

Raymond O'Donnell
Director of Music, Galway Cathedral, Galway, Ireland
rod@iol.ie

Re: Slony across platforms

From
"Joshua D. Drake"
Date:
On Fri, 2007-01-05 at 21:54 +0000, Raymond O'Donnell wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Would there be any problem with using Slony-I to replicate from a
> Windows server to Linux? Has anyone done this?

In theory this should work.

> Also, is there a mailing list for Slony?

http://www.slony.info/

Joshua D. Drake

> Thanks,
>
> Ray O'Donnell

> Raymond O'Donnell
> Director of Music, Galway Cathedral, Galway, Ireland
> rod@iol.ie

             http://www.commandprompt.com/

Re: Slony across platforms

From
Devrim GUNDUZ
Date:
Hi,

On Fri, 2007-01-05 at 21:54 +0000, Raymond O'Donnell wrote:

> Would there be any problem with using Slony-I to replicate from a
> Windows server to Linux? Has anyone done this?

I haven't tried this; but it should work, I think.

> Also, is there a mailing list for Slony?

Re: Slony across platforms

From
"Raymond O'Donnell"
Date:
That's great - thanks.

Ray.

Raymond O'Donnell
Director of Music, Galway Cathedral, Galway, Ireland
rod@iol.ie

Re: Slony across platforms

From
Scott Marlowe
Date:
On Fri, 2007-01-05 at 15:54, Raymond O'Donnell wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Would there be any problem with using Slony-I to replicate from a
> Windows server to Linux? Has anyone done this?
>
> Also, is there a mailing list for Slony?

Should work.  Try to have them run with the same locale setting (and
encoding???) if possible.

Re: Slony across platforms

From
Christopher Browne
Date:
Martha Stewart called it a Good Thing when smarlowe@g2switchworks.com (Scott Marlowe) wrote:
> On Fri, 2007-01-05 at 15:54, Raymond O'Donnell wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Would there be any problem with using Slony-I to replicate from a
>> Windows server to Linux? Has anyone done this?

It otta work...

>> Also, is there a mailing list for Slony?

Check at <http://slony.info/>; things will probably be moving around
soon, as gBorg is in the process of getting deprecated, but that
hasn't changed yet.

> Should work.  Try to have them run with the same locale setting (and
> encoding???) if possible.

Yeah, varying encodings/locales could easily be a problem, notably if
you get data on one node that can't be represented on another.
--
let name="cbbrowne" and tld="cbbrowne.com" in name ^ "@" ^ tld;;
http://linuxdatabases.info/info/finances.html

Re: Slony across platforms