Ashish Karalkar
Date:
Can we have Auto Backup facility to schedule backup of
PostgreSQL Database
I am using version 8.2.0

With Regads
Ashish Karalkar

Want to start your own business?
Learn how on Yahoo! Small Business.
http://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/r-index

Re:

From
Michael Glaesemann
Date:
[please include a meaningful subject]

On Dec 8, 2006, at 17:10 , Ashish Karalkar wrote:

> Can we have Auto Backup facility to schedule backup of
> PostgreSQL Database
> I am using version 8.2.0

cron pg_dump or pg_dumpall on unix works great. I'm not sure on
Windows, but I bet there's something.

Michael Glaesemann
grzm seespotcode net

Re:

From
"Raymond O'Donnell"
Date:
On 8 Dec 2006 at 18:10, Michael Glaesemann wrote:

> cron pg_dump or pg_dumpall on unix works great. I'm not sure on
> Windows, but I bet there's something.

pgAdmin comes with pgAgent - I haven't used it, but it's a job
scheduler for postgreSQL. Alternatively, use the Windows scheduler
with pg_dumpall.

--Ray.

Raymond O'Donnell
Director of Music, Galway Cathedral, Galway, Ireland
rod@iol.ie