Carriage-Return in text field

From
sasan3@gmail.com

How do I insert text into a TEXT field that has a carriage-return in
it?

I can obviously replace all CR with \n but isn't there an easier way to
do it?

Thanks.

Re: Carriage-Return in text field

From
"Kevin Field"
Date:
I've run into this issue a bit...

Do you mean, it's in the DB okay, but when it comes back to the client it breaks your transport mechanism (say, if you
useJSON)?  So far I've just been using a replace...if you find another way I'd love to hear it.  (Because I also have
toescape quotes and backslashes, being careful about order...)

Kev