8.2Beta3 - create view testview (a,b,c) values (1,2,3),(4,5,6),...

From
Richard Broersma Jr
Date:
I just learned that about creating a static view using values for 8.2.  I was surpised to see that
it worked.  My question is, where are these values stored? and Are there any limitations to the
number of values that can be added?

Regards,

Richard Broersma Jr.

Re: 8.2Beta3 - create view testview (a,b,c) values (1,2,3),(4,5,6),...

Date:
Richard Broersma Jr <rabroersma@yahoo.com> writes:
> I just learned that about creating a static view using values for 8.2.  I was surpised to see that
> it worked.  My question is, where are these values stored?

In the text of the view definition.

> and Are there any limitations to the
> number of values that can be added?

I think you'd get unhappy with the performance for more than a few
thousand.  This isn't meant to be a substitute for a real table.

            regards, tom lane