Grant group revoke user isue

From
Wim Bertels
Date:
Hallo,

version 7.4.7

i first grant a group some privileges,
then i take those privileges away from a user in this group,
somehow this doens't work (no errors, but the rights aren't revoked)

eg:

GRANT ALL ON TABLE test TO GROUP groep;
--the user jimmy is part of groep;
REVOKE ALL ON TABLE test FROM jimmy;
--no complaint, but also nothing is revoked

suggestion, explanations?

tnx,

Re: Grant group revoke user isue

From
"Jim Nasby"
Date:
On Nov 22, 2006, at 12:19 PM, Wim Bertels wrote:
> version 7.4.7
>
> i first grant a group some privileges,
> then i take those privileges away from a user in this group,
> somehow this doens't work (no errors, but the rights aren't revoked)
>
> eg:
>
> GRANT ALL ON TABLE test TO GROUP groep;
> --the user jimmy is part of groep;
> REVOKE ALL ON TABLE test FROM jimmy;
> --no complaint, but also nothing is revoked

It's been a long time since I worked with 7.4, but IIRC this is an
issue of the REVOKE not taking effect until sessions disconnect. You
can probably find more info in the archives.
--
Jim Nasby                               jim.nasby@enterprisedb.com