PGSQL Newbie

From
"Wolfe, Robert"
Date:
Good morning all!  I'm a newbie to PGSQL here so thought I would ask my
first question since I joined this list this morning...

Is it possible to run Postgresql and MySQL together on the same machine?

--
Robert Wolfe, Linux and Network Admin
net261.com | http://www.net261.com:85

Re: PGSQL Newbie

From
Richard Broersma Jr
Date:
> Good morning all!  I'm a newbie to PGSQL here so thought I would ask my
> first question since I joined this list this morning...
>
> Is it possible to run Postgresql and MySQL together on the same machine?

Yes, it is even possible to mulitple clusters of postgresql running at the same time.  Just
remember that you have to configure each to only use its share of your hardware resources so that
they play nice together (i.e. you don't start swapping to disk).

Regards,

Richard Broersma Jr.

Re: PGSQL Newbie

From
Matthias.Pitzl@izb.de
Date:
Hi Robert!

Sure, why not? Both databases run on different directories, ports, sockets
and so on.

Greetings,
Matthias

Re: PGSQL Newbie

From
"Joshua D. Drake"
Date:
On Wed, 2006-11-22 at 10:53 -0500, Wolfe, Robert wrote:
> Good morning all!  I'm a newbie to PGSQL here so thought I would ask my
> first question since I joined this list this morning...
>
> Is it possible to run Postgresql and MySQL together on the same machine?

Yes. You might also want to take a look at pgsql-novice :)

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

             http://www.commandprompt.com/

Re: PGSQL Newbie

From
Jason Earl
Date:
"Wolfe, Robert" <robert@net261.com> writes:

> Good morning all!  I'm a newbie to PGSQL here so thought I would ask
> my first question since I joined this list this morning...
>
> Is it possible to run Postgresql and MySQL together on the same
> machine?

Sure, my development machine is setup this way so that I can write
code to migrate away from MySQL.

Jason