build for none standard socket

From
garry saddington
Date:
I have searched and Googled but can't find how to do a ./configure to
use a different socket than /tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432. It says in the manual
that it can be done but then does not say how.
Anyone done this before?
Regards
Garry

Re: build for none standard socket

From
Matthias.Pitzl@izb.de
Date:
Hi!

You can at least configure the socket directory, the socket group and the
socket permissions in your postgresql.conf.

Greetings,
Matthias

Date:
garry saddington <garry@schoolteachers.co.uk> writes:
> I have searched and Googled but can't find how to do a ./configure to
> use a different socket than /tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432. It says in the manual
> that it can be done but then does not say how.

See DEFAULT_PGSOCKET_DIR in src/include/pg_config_manual.h

            regards, tom lane