Can't Create Tablespace On Windows 2003

From
Rejean Proulx
Date:
I am running Postgresql 8.1. I can't get the following create statement
to work. It failes on Column 39 which is my directory name.

CREATE TABLESPACE xxxxxxxxxx LOCATION "D:\tablespace\data\";

Rejean

pgsql-general@postgresql.org

Re: Can't Create Tablespace On Windows 2003

From
Tino Wildenhain
Date:
Rejean Proulx schrieb:
> I am running Postgresql 8.1. I can't get the following create statement
> to work. It failes on Column 39 which is my directory name.
>
> CREATE TABLESPACE xxxxxxxxxx LOCATION "D:\tablespace\data\";

I'm pretty sure the " " are wrong. Strings are quotet with
' ' instead. You'll need to write 'D:\\tablespace\\data\\'
because \ is a apecial char in strings.

Regards
Tino

Re: Can't Create Tablespace On Windows 2003

From
"Gurjeet Singh"
Date:
You'll need to write 'D:\\tablespace\\data\\'
because \ is a apecial char in strings.

Or you can use forward slashes as in:

'D:/tablespace/data/'

gurjeet[.singh]@EnterpriseDB.com