Running a query as a specific, different user

From
Mark Lubratt
Date:
Hello all!

I'm working on a report (using jasperreports) for an application I've
written accessing PG 8.1.4.  The view I'm doing the report on needs
to run as a the specific user requesting the report; however, the
report is connecting to the database using a general username for the
report itself.

Is there a way within the SQL of the request to get a query to
execute as a specific user?  In effect changing the user in the
middle of a connection?

Thanks!
Mark

Re: Running a query as a specific, different user

From
John DeSoi
Date:
On Nov 19, 2006, at 11:10 AM, Mark Lubratt wrote:

> I'm working on a report (using jasperreports) for an application
> I've written accessing PG 8.1.4.  The view I'm doing the report on
> needs to run as a the specific user requesting the report; however,
> the report is connecting to the database using a general username
> for the report itself.
>
> Is there a way within the SQL of the request to get a query to
> execute as a specific user?  In effect changing the user in the
> middle of a connection?

SET SESSION AUTHORIZATION

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/interactive/sql-set-session-
authorization.html

John DeSoi, Ph.D.
http://pgedit.com/
Power Tools for PostgreSQL

Re: Running a query as a specific, different user

From
Mark Lubratt
Date:
Bingo!  Thanks!  I'm not sure how I missed that one...

Mark