Can PostgreSQL reside on the same server as MSDE?

From
lowjason@gmail.com
Date:
Any issues with running PostgreSQL on a Windows 2003 server that
already has Microsoft SQL Server Desktop Engine?  What about with MS
SQL Server?

Re: Can PostgreSQL reside on the same server as MSDE?

From
"Joshua D. Drake"
Date:
lowjason@gmail.com wrote:
> Any issues with running PostgreSQL on a Windows 2003 server that
> already has Microsoft SQL Server Desktop Engine?  What about with MS
> SQL Server?

It would be generally considered insane, but sure it will work ;)

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

             http://www.commandprompt.com/

Re: Can PostgreSQL reside on the same server as MSDE?

From
Andreas Kretschmer
Date:
lowjason@gmail.com <lowjason@gmail.com> schrieb:

> Any issues with running PostgreSQL on a Windows 2003 server that
> already has Microsoft SQL Server Desktop Engine?  What about with MS
> SQL Server?

You can do this without problems.

Andreas
"If I was god, I would recompile penguin with --enable-fly."    (unknow)

Re: Can PostgreSQL reside on the same server as MSDE?

From
Josh Rovero
Date:
lowjason@gmail.com wrote:
> Any issues with running PostgreSQL on a Windows 2003 server that
> already has Microsoft SQL Server Desktop Engine?  What about with MS
> SQL Server?

No issues on Windows XP, 2003 Server should be similar.

--
P. J. "Josh" Rovero                                 Sonalysts, Inc.
Email: rovero@sonalysts.com    www.sonalysts.com    215 Parkway North

Re: Can PostgreSQL reside on the same server as MSDE?

From
Shane Ambler
Date:
Josh Rovero wrote:
> lowjason@gmail.com wrote:
>> Any issues with running PostgreSQL on a Windows 2003 server that
>> already has Microsoft SQL Server Desktop Engine?  What about with MS
>> SQL Server?
>
> No issues on Windows XP, 2003 Server should be similar.

Technically it could be done - the real question is what load do the 2
servers have and will that load be enough to slow each other down - such
as fighting for disk access at the same time?

--

Shane Ambler
pgSQL@007Marketing.com

Get Sheeky @ http://Sheeky.Biz

Re: Can PostgreSQL reside on the same server as MSDE?

From
"Thomas H."
Date:
> lowjason@gmail.com wrote:
>> Any issues with running PostgreSQL on a Windows 2003 server that
>> already has Microsoft SQL Server Desktop Engine?  What about with MS
>> SQL Server?
>
> No issues on Windows XP, 2003 Server should be similar.

no issues on 2003 server either. just make sure you have enough ram for both
database systems...

- thomas