Backslashes in 8.2 still escape, hwo to disable?

From
Ken Johanson
Date:
Hi,

I'm trying out the new 8.2 beta; the following query:

select 'ab\cd'; yields:    abcd, not ab\cd.

Is there a setting I'd need to switch to enable the ANSI/ISO escape
behavior? I am using the JDBC driver; not sure if that could be the
culprit..

Thanks,
Ken

Re: Backslashes in 8.2 still escape, hwo to disable?

From
Jeff Davis
Date:
On Fri, 2006-09-29 at 18:12 -0600, Ken Johanson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying out the new 8.2 beta; the following query:
>
> select 'ab\cd'; yields:    abcd, not ab\cd.
>
> Is there a setting I'd need to switch to enable the ANSI/ISO escape
> behavior? I am using the JDBC driver; not sure if that could be the
> culprit..

standard_conforming_strings

Regards,
    Jeff Davis

Re: PG Rocks! (was:Backslashes in 8.2 still escape, hwo

From
Ken Johanson
Date:
You guys, and PG ROCK!! The standard_conforming_strings mode works
beautifully... it is (was) the last low-level barrier to using PG in a
really professional/interop environment. And as I become familiar,
again, with how PG and it's tools have come along, I am SUPER impressed.
Many, many kudos!! Top notch!!

Ken

Re: PG Rocks! (was:Backslashes in 8.2 still escape,

Date:
Ken Johanson wrote:
> You guys, and PG ROCK!! The standard_conforming_strings mode works
> beautifully... it is (was) the last low-level barrier to using PG in a
> really professional/interop environment. And as I become familiar,
> again, with how PG and it's tools have come along, I am SUPER impressed.

Yea, we figured standard_conforming_strings was going to be needed badly
in certain environments.

--
  Bruce Momjian   bruce@momjian.us