off topic - web shop

From
stig erikson
Date:
Hi.
We are looking to open a small web shop. I looked around to see if there are any open source web shops.
Can anyone recommend any web shop system (free or non-free)?

thanks
stig

Re: off topic - web shop

From
Benjamin Smith
Date:
On Monday 11 September 2006 11:30, stig erikson wrote:
> Hi.
> We are looking to open a small web shop. I looked around to see if there are
any open source web shops.
> Can anyone recommend any web shop system (free or non-free)?

I'd guess you're looking for OSCommerce. (Sucks, but less so than most other
free alternatives)

Good luck!

-Ben

--
"I kept looking around for somebody to solve the problem.
Then I realized I am somebody"

Re: off topic - web shop

From
Sergiusz Jarczyk
Date:
Hi

Benjamin Smith wrote:
[...]
> I'd guess you're looking for OSCommerce. (Sucks, but less so than most other
> free alternatives)

[...]
You can also check Interchange (www.icdevgroup.org). Although it's a way
more complicated than OSCommerce (in fact, IC is more an application
server than simple webshop), you can use the foundation demo to use as
your webshop base. With simple point-and-click you can configure payment
methods and gateways, build your stock, create content pages, change
HTML code that makes page templates etc. Of course, the database
abstraction layer fully supports PostgreSQL...

Sergiusz

Re: off topic - web shop

From
Sim Zacks
Date:
I used Interchange to build a chinese auction website about 5-6 years
ago and it worked great.
A minor amount of scripting was needed for custom functions, but other
then that it worked "out of the box"