multimpe records output from a 'no-table' source

From
Rafal Pietrak
Date:
Hi all,

There is this functions like 'current_date', 'current_database', etc.
yielding a row of data without any table to source rows from. Like:
    dev=# SELECT current_date;
        date
    ------------
     2006-08-25
    (1 row)

Is there a way to get multiple rows? Like:
    dev=# SELECT current_date where date between now and yesterday;
        date
    ------------
     2006-08-24
     2006-08-25
    (2 rows)
(of cource this is 'cooked' example, as I haven't figured out how to
achieve this).
Or:
    dev=# SELECT * where a::numeric between 1 and 3;
    ------------
     1
     3
     2
    (3 rows)

--
-R

Re: multimpe records output from a 'no-table' source

From
Martijn van Oosterhout
Date:
On Fri, Aug 25, 2006 at 07:57:52AM +0200, Rafal Pietrak wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> There is this functions like 'current_date', 'current_database', etc.
> yielding a row of data without any table to source rows from. Like:
>     dev=# SELECT current_date;
>         date
>     ------------
>      2006-08-25
>     (1 row)

Not all functions require an input, as you see, so then you don't need
a table to get an output.

For the rest of your question, see generate_series();

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/static/functions-srf.html

Have a nice day,
> From each according to his ability. To each according to his ability to litigate.

Attachment

Date:
On Fri, 2006-08-25 at 08:02 +0200, Martijn van Oosterhout wrote:
> For the rest of your question, see generate_series();
>
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/static/functions-srf.html

Thenx, That's exactly what I've needed!

--
-R