Syslog v/s filename in pg_ctl command

From
"Mavinakuli, Prasanna (STSD)"
Date:
Hello All,

When we pass file name in pg_ctl (with option -l) what has to be syslog
value..
Should it be enabled..?if so what cud be the value for syslog..?

Though I have sent approprite file name with -l option ,and if I use
default value for syslog (0) then
I am getting the messages in console..

So how can I override getting messages in console...?

Thx in advance,
Prasanna.

Re: Syslog v/s filename in pg_ctl command

From
Peter Eisentraut
Date:
Mavinakuli, Prasanna (STSD) wrote:
> When we pass file name in pg_ctl (with option -l) what has to be
> syslog value..

If you turn on syslog, the -l filename won't get much output, but you
still might get error messages during startup, before syslog is
activated, so both are independently useful.

--
Peter Eisentraut