Is there a command like uf_purge

From
petedawn@gmail.com
Date:
hi all,

is there a command like uf_purge which purges the last x days of data.
i noticed this command somewhere but i cant find a reference to it any
documentation. is it a deprecated command and we just use delete now.
whats its functionality?
any ideas.

Re: Is there a command like uf_purge

From
Michael Fuhr
Date:
On Sun, Jul 02, 2006 at 06:40:30PM -0700, petedawn@gmail.com wrote:
> is there a command like uf_purge which purges the last x days of data.
> i noticed this command somewhere but i cant find a reference to it any
> documentation. is it a deprecated command and we just use delete now.
> whats its functionality?

Google, Google Groups, the PostgreSQL mailing list archives, and
the PostgreSQL source code and documentation for 7.3 and later all
contain zero instances of "uf_purge".  Where did you notice it?
Might it have been locally written for your system?

--
Michael Fuhr

Re: Is there a command like uf_purge

From
Michael Fuhr
Date:
to and learn from the discussion.]

On Mon, Jul 03, 2006 at 01:20:53PM +1000, Peter Dawn wrote:
> i executed this query (SELECT uf_purge(365)) within PGAdmin and the
> query executed successfully (the output was row1 uf_urge(bool) t.
> but i dont know what exactly i did. i think that it might have purged
> the data for these many days? dont know for sure though.

I don't see any instances of "uf_purge" in the pgAdmin III source
code either, so it doesn't appear to belong to that package.  How
did you find out about this function and why are you executing it
if you're not sure what it does?  What's the output of the following
command?

SELECT * FROM pg_proc WHERE proname = 'uf_purge';

--
Michael Fuhr