to know

From
"karthick muthu"
Date:
hello guys,
what do u think about the near future of postgre?
what is the latest version of postgre? and how it differ from the oldone?
who is the leading person on postgre?

Re: to know

From
"A. Kretschmer"
Date:
am  24.04.2006, um 12:42:43 +0530 mailte karthick muthu folgendes:

http://www.postgresql.org/about/

http://www.postgresql.org/ -> latest releases and
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/static/release.html

> who is the leading person on postgre?

http://www.postgresql.org/developer/bios

Andreas
--
Andreas Kretschmer    (Kontakt: siehe Header)
Heynitz:  035242/47215,      D1: 0160/7141639

Re: to know

From
"Nicolas Barbier"
Date:
2006/4/24, karthick muthu <karthickmcse@gmail.com>:

> what do u think about the near future of postgre?

<url:http://stoned.homeunix.org/~itsme/postgre/>

Apart from that, I think it will be bright :-).

<url:http://www.postgresql.org/docs/whatsnew>

> who is the leading person on postgre?

<url:http://www.postgresql.org/developer/bios>

Greetings,
Nicolas

--
Nicolas Barbier

Re: to know

From
Bruno Wolff III
Date:
On Mon, Apr 24, 2006 at 12:42:43 +0530,
  karthick muthu <karthickmcse@gmail.com> wrote:
> hello guys,
> what do u think about the near future of postgre?

Can you be more specific?
You can see some of the TODO items that have been done for 8.2 at:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faqs.TODO.html
Note that the TODO list isn't a list of things that are planned for 8.2

> what is the latest version of postgre? and how it differ from the oldone?

8.1.3 is the latest released version, though 8.1.4 will probably be out in
several weeks. For changes in releases, look at the release notes at:
http://developer.postgresql.org/docs/postgres/release.html

> who is the leading person on postgre?

The closest to this is probably the core team members. The following may
provide what you are looking for:
http://www.postgresql.org/developer/bios

P.S. Postgres is referred to as Postgres or PostgreSQL, not Postgre.

Re: to know

From
Shane Ambler
Date:
On 24/4/2006 16:42, "karthick muthu" <karthickmcse@gmail.com> wrote:

> hello guys,
> what do u think about the near future of postgre?
I think the near and distant future looks good.

> what is the latest version of postgre? and how it differ from the oldone?
Latest version is 8.1.3

The best place to look for changes is the release notes -
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/static/release-8-1.html

Changes in the minor upgrades since then are listed here-
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/static/release.html
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/static/release-8-1-2.html
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/static/release-8-1-1.html

> who is the leading person on postgre?
Look here to find info on all the developers -
http://www.postgresql.org/developer/bios

> TIP 2: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster

Re: to know

From
Richard Huxton
Date:
karthick muthu wrote:
> hello guys,
> what do u think about the near future of postgre?

Version 8.2 will be going into beta and then released. Details of
changes already confirmed can be found in the TODO linked from here:
http://www.postgresql.org/developer/roadmap

> what is the latest version of postgre? and how it differ from the oldone?

Version 8.1 - and it's PostgreSQL or perhaps Postgres, never postgre.
Release notes give details of major changes:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/static/release.html

> who is the leading person on postgre?

http://www.postgresql.org/developer/bios

I can strongly recommend exploring the website at
http://www.postgresql.org/ for more information. There's a FAQ and full
set of manuals online, also lists of books you can buy.

HTH

--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd

Re: to know

From
Luckys
Date:
And all would be postgres or postgresql instead of "postgre? "

On 4/24/06, Richard Huxton <dev@archonet.com> wrote:
karthick muthu wrote:
> hello guys,
> what do u think about the near future of postgre?

Version 8.2 will be going into beta and then released. Details of
changes already confirmed can be found in the TODO linked from here:
http://www.postgresql.org/developer/roadmap

> what is the latest version of postgre? and how it differ from the oldone?

Version 8.1 - and it's PostgreSQL or perhaps Postgres, never postgre.
Release notes give details of major changes:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/static/release.html

> who is the leading person on postgre?

http://www.postgresql.org/developer/bios

I can strongly recommend exploring the website at
http://www.postgresql.org/ for more information. There's a FAQ and full
set of manuals online, also lists of books you can buy.

HTH

--
  Richard Huxton
  Archonet Ltd