Last Commited Transaction

From
Ricardo Manuel Pereira Vilaça
Date:
Hi,

How I can determine information about the last committed transaction in
postgresql?

Thanks,

Ricardo Vilaça

Re: Last Commited Transaction

From
Michael Fuhr
Date:
On Tue, Apr 11, 2006 at 12:54:12PM +0100, Ricardo Manuel Pereira Vilaça wrote:
> How I can determine information about the last committed transaction in
> postgresql?

What information are you looking for?  What are you trying to do?

--
Michael Fuhr

Date:
Michael Fuhr wrote:

>On Tue, Apr 11, 2006 at 12:54:12PM +0100, Ricardo Manuel Pereira Vilaça wrote:
>

>>How I can determine information about the last committed transaction in
>>postgresql?
>>

>What information are you looking for?  What are you trying to do?

When a server restarts, and possible recovery, how can I know the id of
the last commited transaction?
I need that information for synchronization with  other  servers.
Can I add some application specific information to postgresql write
ahead log?

Thanks,

Ricardo Vilaça