% tsearch gendict

From
David Gama Rodrí­guez
Hello everyone:

I have a trouble with the gendict (config.sh) script to create a new
stems for spanish on SOLARIS 10, sometime ago I created some stems on
Gentoo and worked fine so, now I'm moving to SOLARIS 10 (dont ask me
why) and when I tried on gendict directory:

$ ./config.sh
config.sh : bad sustitution

and I dont know what is happen

Thanks in advance

David

Re: % tsearch gendict

From
Teodor Sigaev
Date:
> $ ./config.sh
> config.sh : bad sustitution

Simple workaround: take dictionary generated on Gentoo.

I'll look at the problem, but I suspect that reason is a difference with Sun and
GNU environment (echo, sed and so on).

                                                    WWW: http://www.sigaev.ru/

%Re: % tsearch gendict

From
David Gama Rodrí­guez
Date:
Teodor Sigaev wrote:

>> $ ./config.sh
>> config.sh : bad sustitution
>

> Simple workaround: take dictionary generated on Gentoo.
>
> I'll look at the problem, but I suspect that reason is a difference
> with Sun and GNU environment (echo, sed and so on).

Thank you Teodor

What I did was run config.sh on Gentoo then copy all the directory
generated to Solaris and compiled there to get my new library  for spanish

I see there are some changes in tsearch from postgresql 7.4.3 to
postgresql 8.1.3 version, you add some new functions i think and change
the tsearch.sql template right?

Tsearch 2 is now working on solaris

David

Re: %Re: % tsearch gendict

From
Teodor Sigaev
Date:
> I see there are some changes in tsearch from postgresql 7.4.3 to
> postgresql 8.1.3 version, you add some new functions i think and change
> the tsearch.sql template right?

I don't remember what exactly, but why do you ask? Different version on Gentroo
and Sun? There is a lot tsearch2 improvements in 8.0.

> Tsearch 2 is now working on solaris
Good

                                                    WWW: http://www.sigaev.ru/

%Re: %Re: % tsearch gendict

From
David Gama Rodrí­guez
Date:
Teodor Sigaev wrote:

>> I see there are some changes in tsearch from postgresql 7.4.3 to
>> postgresql 8.1.3 version, you add some new functions i think and
>> change the tsearch.sql template right?
>

> I don't remember what exactly, but why do you ask? Different version
> on Gentroo and Sun? There is a lot tsearch2 improvements in 8.0.
>

>> Tsearch 2 is now working on solaris
>
> Good

Sorry for the missunderstanding, I was working with a postgresql 7.4.3
on Gentoo 2004, and now on Solaris 10 and postgresql 8.1.3 , so since
7.4.3 I suppose tsearch has improvements as you say.

Thanks Teodor