Encodings

From
"Jan Cruz"
Date:
When restoring a dump from sql_ascii encoding to latin9/utf8
the "THIS STRING|" result to "THIS STRINGŠ" thus it aborted the restore.

When I tried to dump a latin9/utf8 and restore it with the same encoding
having same string it goes well but it took a very long time to copy all data.
(1.6gb dump for 24/hrs)

So far I don't know what seems to be the problem why it took so long to copy
the dump if it is already in latin9/utf8 encoding to latin9/utf8 database.

Re: Encodings

From
Peter Eisentraut
Date:
Am Montag, 20. Februar 2006 08:55 schrieb Jan Cruz:
> When restoring a dump from sql_ascii encoding to latin9/utf8

This statement is both poorly specified and nonsensical.  Please give us a
more precise account of what you are doing.

--
Peter Eisentraut