plpython error logs

From
"P. Scott DeVos"
Date:
Hey all

When using the Fedora Core 4 rpms for plpython, I find that when an
error is raised, the error logger does not report the line number of the
python function where the error was raised which makes debugging the
functions very difficult.

Using the native Windows installer, the line number is reported.

I have tried changing the log level to debug5 and raising the verbosity
which gives the line number of the plpython.c module that reports the
error, but still does not give the line number of the actual plpython code.

Does anyone know how to enable this feature?  Even better would be to
get the entire traceback to be logged.

Thanks,

Scott

Re: plpython error logs

Date:
"P. Scott DeVos" <scott@countrysidetechnology.com> writes:
> When using the Fedora Core 4 rpms for plpython, I find that when an
> error is raised, the error logger does not report the line number of the
> python function where the error was raised which makes debugging the
> functions very difficult.

> Using the native Windows installer, the line number is reported.

It hardly seems likely that the Windows installer is what makes that
work.  Are these two installations the same version of Postgres?  The
same version of Python?

            regards, tom lane

Re: plpython error logs

From
"P. Scott DeVos"

Tom Lane wrote:
> "P. Scott DeVos" <scott@countrysidetechnology.com> writes:
>
>>When using the Fedora Core 4 rpms for plpython, I find that when an
>>error is raised, the error logger does not report the line number of the
>>python function where the error was raised which makes debugging the
>>functions very difficult.
>

>>Using the native Windows installer, the line number is reported.
>

> It hardly seems likely that the Windows installer is what makes that
> work.

I'm sure the installer is not the key.  I was thinking more along the
lines of different compile-time options or different default
configuration files.  But I can't find anything point the way to what I
am looking for.  It isn't even that easy to compare the two--what, for
example, is the equivalent to a spec file on Windows?

   Are these two installations the same version of Postgres?  The
> same version of Python?
>
>             regards, tom lane

They are pretty close to the same versions, currently my Fedora version
is a little newer, but they used to be the same version and it worked
the same.