regarding debugging?

From
AKHILESH GUPTA
Date:
hi all,
i have a query regarding debbuging in PGSQL.
just like there is  a debugger in C/C++, where we can check the execution of our program or we can dry run our code, is there aby option or feature with PGSQL for the same purpose that we can check our PGSQL statements?
thanks in advance................................................!!
(waiting for your response)

--
Thanks & Regards,
Akhilesh

"FAILURES CAN BE FORGIVEN BUT AIMING LOW IS A CRIME"

Re: regarding debugging?

From
Scott Ribe
Date:
> where we can check the execution of our program or we can dry run our code, is
> there aby option or feature with PGSQL for the same purpose that we can check
> our PGSQL statements?

No, unfortunately not. What I do is:

- error check everything you can, and use RAISE EXCEPTION with descriptive
error messages

- come up with test cases to exercise all branches of code

- print useful debugging info while tracking down problems

--
Scott Ribe
scott_ribe@killerbytes.com

Re: regarding debugging?

From
SunWuKung
Date:
In article <C00437CF.3F9D0%scott_ribe@killerbytes.com>,
scott_ribe@killerbytes.com says...
> > where we can check the execution of our program or we can dry run our code, is
> > there aby option or feature with PGSQL for the same purpose that we can check
> > our PGSQL statements?
>
> No, unfortunately not. What I do is:
>
> - error check everything you can, and use RAISE EXCEPTION with descriptive
> error messages
>
> - come up with test cases to exercise all branches of code
>
> - print useful debugging info while tracking down problems

EMS Postgresql Manager has a debugger in it. Its not perfect but still
it is quite useful.

B.