Issue with fixseq.sql in 8.1 release notes

From
"George Woodring"
Date:
I have install 8.1.2 on my test box and loaded data from a 7.4.8
database.

I was running fixseq.sql copied from the release notes to up date the
sequences and the output has an extra "\" character

ALTER TABLE public.modems_old ALTER COLUMN modemsid SET DEFAULT
nextval\('modems_id');

To fix it I had to change the 3rd argument in the regexp_replace()

$$val\(\1$$     -->     $$val(\1$$

I thought I would let someone know just in case something has changed
since 8.1 and the release notes needed updating.

Woody

iGLASS Networks
211-A S. Salem St
Apex NC 27502
(919) 387-3550 x813
www.iglass.net

Re: Issue with fixseq.sql in 8.1 release notes

Date:
"George Woodring" <george.woodring@iglass.net> writes:
> I was running fixseq.sql copied from the release notes to up date the
> sequences and the output has an extra "\" character

Now how'd that happen?  I *know* I tested that code when I put it into
the release notes ... but it's sure wrong ... thanks for the report.

            regards, tom lane