Need Licensing Information for bundling POSTGRESQL With Softwares

From
Rajendra Talekar
Date:
Hi,
We at Codexpert Systems are developing a Commercial MIS system, and are planning to go for POSTGRESQL as the database system. We need some clarifications for the same.

1. What are licenses we need to have to as developers of a software that uses POSTGRESQL?

2. What are the licenses a user is to provided with who uses our software that uses POSTGRESQL as Database System?

Pl Note that our software is a non Open Sorce software. The availability of POSTGRESQL for Windows/Linux and other platforms is the main reason we are planning to choose POSTGRESQL

- Rajendra Talekar
Chief Developer and Managing Director
Codexpert Systems

Re: Need Licensing Information for bundling POSTGRESQL With

Date:
Please read our FAQ and the license item in there.

Rajendra Talekar wrote:
> Hi,
> We at Codexpert Systems are developing a Commercial MIS system, and are
> planning to go for POSTGRESQL as the database system. We need some
> clarifications for the same.
>
> 1. What are licenses we need to have to as developers of a software that
> uses POSTGRESQL?
>
> 2. What are the licenses a user is to provided with who uses our software
> that uses POSTGRESQL as Database System?
>
> Pl Note that our software is a non Open Sorce software. The availability of
> POSTGRESQL for Windows/Linux and other platforms is the main reason we are
> planning to choose POSTGRESQL
>
> - Rajendra Talekar
> Chief Developer and Managing Director
> Codexpert Systems

Re: Need Licensing Information for bundling POSTGRESQL With Softwares

From
Mike Rylander
Date:
http://www.postgresql.org/about/licence

--
Mike Rylander
mrylander@gmail.com

Re: Need Licensing Information for bundling POSTGRESQL

From
"Joshua D. Drake"
Date:
Rajendra Talekar wrote:

> Hi,
> We at Codexpert Systems are developing a Commercial MIS system, and
> are planning to go for POSTGRESQL as the database system. We need some
> clarifications for the same.
>
> 1. What are licenses we need to have to as developers of a software
> that uses POSTGRESQL?

Anything you want, PostgreSQL is BSD licensed.

> 2. What are the licenses a user is to provided with who uses our
> software that uses POSTGRESQL as Database System?

Anything you want, PostgreSQL is BSD licensed.

> Pl Note that our software is a non Open Sorce software. The
> availability of POSTGRESQL for Windows/Linux and other platforms is
> the main reason we are planning to choose POSTGRESQL

This is not a problem, PostgreSQL is BSD licensed.

Jsohua D. Drake

Co-Authors: PLphp, PLperl - http://www.commandprompt.com/

Re: Need Licensing Information for bundling POSTGRESQL With Softwares

From
Christopher Browne
Date:
> We at Codexpert Systems are developing a Commercial MIS system, and are planning to go for POSTGRESQL as the database
system.We need
> some clarifications for the same.
>
> 1. What are licenses we need to have to as developers of a software that uses POSTGRESQL?
> 2. What are the licenses a user is to provided with who uses our software that uses POSTGRESQL as Database System?

You should see about reading the license for PostgreSQL.  That should
answer your questions.

<http://www.postgresql.org/about/licence>
--
output = ("cbbrowne" "@" "gmail.com")
http://linuxfinances.info/info/emacs.html

Re: Need Licensing Information for bundling POSTGRESQL With Softwares

From
"Chander Ganesan"
Date:
http://www.postgresql.org/about/licence

The short of it:

Permission to use, copy, modify, and distribute this software and its
documentation for any purpose, without fee, and without a written
agreement is hereby granted, provided that the above copyright notice
and this paragraph and the following two paragraphs appear in all
copies.

You need to include the original copyright, but other than that, you
are free to do what you want with it - for any purpose.