libpq++ installation error

From
salah jubeh
Date:
I am trying to install and compile libpq++ i get this error

configure: error:
Can't find libpq-fe.h in .  Are you sure the libpq
headers are installed correctly?  They should be in the directory returned by
"pg_config --includedir".
If you do have libpq (the C-language client library for PostgreSQL) installed,
make sure you have the related development materials--mainly its header files--
as well as the library binary.  Some system distributions keep the two in
seperate packages with names like "alibrary" and "alibrary-dev", respectively.
In that case, make sure you have the latter installed as well.

i have cheacked  pg_config --includedir it gave me a correct path also i checked the include directory i found the requsted header file there

regards

Do Y ou Yahoo!?
http://mail.yahoo.com

Re: libpq++ installation error

From
vishal saberwal
Date:
I am not very good at this but you might wanna try -I (--include) compile option for the path ...../postgresql-8.x.x/src/include and try if it works ...

thanks,
vish

[...]

Interface to posgresql

From
makhan
Date:
Hi

I am trying to connect to the postgresql and make quries usuing my
application in c language using the libpq library.can you please tell me how
to setup the enviromnet and where to place files so that I can run examples
given on the libpq site.( if I use gcc compiler on linux or borland turbo c)

Regards

Re: Interface to posgresql

From
Shane Ambler
makhan wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am trying to connect to the postgresql and make quries usuing my
> application in c language using the libpq library.can you please tell me how
> to setup the enviromnet and where to place files so that I can run examples
> given on the libpq site.( if I use gcc compiler on linux or borland turbo c)
>
> Regards
The standard placing for the files is /usr/lib for libpq and
/usr/include for the header files.

These paths should be standard search paths for gcc

I believe the linux installs have these files as part of the devel
install - the postgresql-devel-xxx rpm - you will need to install that.

If you have done a manual setup and build from source then /usr would be
replaced with the prefix path used (./configure --prefix=...)
eg. /usr/local/pgsql/lib is a common one.

For gcc HEADER_SEARCH_PATHS is used for headers and LIBRARY_SEARCH_PATHS
for libs. Or -I can be used as an option to gcc and -L with ld when
linking. eg gcc -I /usr/local/pgsql/include myprog.c

--

Shane Ambler
pgSQL@Sheeky.Biz

Get Sheeky @ http://Sheeky.Biz