default_index_tablespace?

From
"Alexander M. Pravking"
Date:
PostgreSQL 8.0 brought a great tablespaces feature. However, it's still
a real pain for one who wants to separate tables and indices to different
tablespaces: he has to do it manually, explicitely specifying tablespace
for each index.

Thus, I think it would be handy to have "default_index_tablespace" server
variable. Any thoughts?

--
Fduch M. Pravking

Re: default_index_tablespace?

From
Marc Cousin
Date:
Yeah, I could use that too :)
I think that would be good in order to separate users on different disks
easily (if this parameter could be set by user too ...)

Le Jeudi 01 Décembre 2005 08:32, Alexander M. Pravking a écrit :
> PostgreSQL 8.0 brought a great tablespaces feature. However, it's still
> a real pain for one who wants to separate tables and indices to different
> tablespaces: he has to do it manually, explicitely specifying tablespace
> for each index.
>
> Thus, I think it would be handy to have "default_index_tablespace" server
> variable. Any thoughts?

Re: default_index_tablespace?

From
Kelly Burkhart