Help with COPY Error: invalid UTF-8 byte ....

From
Alex
Date:
Hi,
I am having a problem with a copy command, saying ERROR: invalid UTF-8
byte sequence detected...

The problem actually is that the entire copy job terminates instead of
just ignoring the record in question.

Is there a way to have faulty records ignored only without terminating
the entire copy job?

Alex

Re: Help with COPY Error: invalid UTF-8 byte ....

From
Richard Huxton
Alex wrote:
> Hi,
> I am having a problem with a copy command, saying ERROR: invalid UTF-8
> byte sequence detected...
>
> The problem actually is that the entire copy job terminates instead of
> just ignoring the record in question.
>
> Is there a way to have faulty records ignored only without terminating
> the entire copy job?

Not with COPY - you might want to look for a project called (iirc)
"pgloader" though which might be useful to you.

--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd