Tcl Support in the FC4 rpms at posgresql.org?

From
Jerry LeVan
Date:
Is Tcl support included in any of the FC4 rpms located
at postgresql.org? { I am talking about the 8.1 release }.

(Tain't clear from the names of the rpms...)

If tcl support is in one of the rpms then does
the install proceed by downloading all of the
rpms into a single directory and then issue
a magic rpm command to install all at once.

( I assume I will have to delete all of the
   older postgresql rpms prior to the new install...)

Failing that...

If I download the src rpm then what are the
magical rpm incantations that that will build
the whole shebang and then install the rascal.

I am new to linux and don't especially like the
way the linux fc4 distribution seems to scatter
the files all over the place...Can I assume that
the src rpm puts the files where ever they are
supposed to go?

Jerry

Re: Tcl Support in the FC4 rpms at posgresql.org?

From
Devrim GUNDUZ
Date:
Hi,

On Sun, 27 Nov 2005, Jerry LeVan wrote:

> Is Tcl support included in any of the FC4 rpms located
> at postgresql.org? { I am talking about the 8.1 release }.

No.

If you need the tcl rpm, you need to rebuild our srpm:

rpm --rebuild --define 'tcl 1' postgresql-8.1.0-2PGDG.src.rpm

Devrim GUNDUZ
Kivi Bilişim Teknolojileri - http://www.kivi.com.tr
                       http://www.gunduz.org

Re: Tcl Support in the FC4 rpms at posgresql.org?

From
Jerry LeVan
Date:
Hmm.

The "--rebuild" option is not recognized  by the default rpm supplied
with FC4.

There is an rpmbuild command, but it always appears to do an "install".

Is there any way to simply build the binary rpms from the postgresql
src rpm
without doing an "install"?

Browsing about, I found the PostgreSQL-RPM-installation-PGDG.pdf
file. The
packages that it asserts will be build seem a bit different from what is
in the spec file.

In any case, from which directory should the rpmbuild command be given?

Thanks,

Jerry

Date: