How to commuciate between two server in postgress

From
asfar khan
Date:
Hi Everyone

Please any one provide me the details of creating dblink ibetween two server n postgress.

Regards

Asfar

Re: How to commuciate between two server in postgress

From
Richard Huxton
Date:
asfar khan wrote:
> Hi Everyone
>
> Please any one provide me the details of creating dblink ibetween two
> server n postgress.

What problems are you currently seeing? What are you trying at the
moment and what error message(s) do you get?
--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd

Re: How to commuciate between two server in postgress

From
Richard Huxton
Date:
Don't forget to CC: the list - that way everyone can help.

asfar khan wrote:

> My problem is that I have two postgress server on window platform. I
> would like to know how to communicate between them.

Ah - can't help you here. I don't run PG on Windows. Is there an option
on the installer?

> 1-> What database entries I have to do in postgress folder. As in
> oracle, we give IP Address of machine in the tnsname.ora file. Here
> in which particular file I have to place the entry.
>
> 2-> Any specific .sql file, I have to run?

Well, on the various *nix systems there is a contrib/dblink folder in
the source tarball with a Makefile, small C library and a dblink.sql
file with a bunch of "create function" entries. Notes are in
README.dblink and there are some examples too.

> 3-> Then how to create the dblink, if suppose I want to access the
> table of one server to another vice-versa?

There's a dblink_connect(...) function.

> Please reply, as I need its urgently.

Check the installer as step 1. While that's happening you can always
download the source tarball in the background - look in the contrib
directory for all the documentation etc.

--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd