temporary tables

From
"Orhan"
Date:
The PostgreSQL docs say that "Temporary tables are automatically
dropped at the end of a session, or optionally at the end of the
current transaction." If I create a temporary table through a
java.sql.Statement and then call close() on that Statement, will the
temporary table be dropped? In other words, does a java.sql.Statement
carry its own "session"?

Thanks,
Orhan

Re: temporary tables

From
Richard Huxton
Orhan wrote:
> The PostgreSQL docs say that "Temporary tables are automatically
> dropped at the end of a session, or optionally at the end of the
> current transaction." If I create a temporary table through a
> java.sql.Statement and then call close() on that Statement, will the
> temporary table be dropped? In other words, does a java.sql.Statement
> carry its own "session"?

A session is from connection to disconnect.

--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd