autovacuum,8.1, Win

From
Zlatko Matić
Date:
What needs to be configured in order autovacuum process be active?

Re: autovacuum,8.1, Win

From
"Jim C. Nasby"
Date:
On Tue, Nov 08, 2005 at 10:50:53AM +0100, Zlatko Mati? wrote:
> What needs to be configured in order autovacuum process be active?

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/interactive/runtime-config-autovacuum.html

Re: autovacuum,8.1, Win

From
"Matthew T. O'Connor"
Date:
Zlatko Matić wrote:
> What needs to be configured in order autovacuum process be active?

I assume you are talking about the Windows version.  If so, and if you
used the installer, then you don't need to do anything.  It appears (at
least on my RC1 install) that autovacuum is enabled by default.

Matt

Re: autovacuum,8.1, Win

From
"Wes Williams"
Date:
Correct, the default setting for PostgreSQL 8.1 W32 value in postgresql.conf
is 'autovacuum' to 'on'.

You can see this and more settings in pgAdmin III by visiting 'Tools',
'Server Configuration', then the config file of your choice.

Now, if only I could setup my home to autovaccum.

> What needs to be configured in order autovacuum process be active?

I assume you are talking about the Windows version.  If so, and if you
used the installer, then you don't need to do anything.  It appears (at
least on my RC1 install) that autovacuum is enabled by default.

Matt

TIP 2: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster

Re: autovacuum,8.1, Win

From
"Matthew T. O'Connor"
Date:
Wes Williams wrote:
> Correct, the default setting for PostgreSQL 8.1 W32 value in postgresql.conf
> is 'autovacuum' to 'on'.
>
> You can see this and more settings in pgAdmin III by visiting 'Tools',
> 'Server Configuration', then the config file of your choice.
>
> Now, if only I could setup my home to autovaccum.

Sounds like what you need is a roomba:
http://www.irobot.com/sp.cfm?pageid=122