odbc in postgresql and php

From
"Bob Powell"
Date:
Hello everyone,

Has anyone installed the postgres php driver.  I would like to know how to install it on Linux and then what the proper way to access it is from a php web page.  I have been unable to find actual code for php and doing this.  Please help.  Thanks.

Bob Powell
Database Administrator

Re: odbc in postgresql and php

From
Richard Huxton
Date:
Bob Powell wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> Has anyone installed the postgres php driver.  I would like to know how
> to install it on Linux and then what the proper way to access it is from
> a php web page.  I have been unable to find actual code for php and
> doing this.  Please help.  Thanks.

Almost any version of Linux will have packaged versions of PostgreSQL,
PHP and the libraries to connect the two. The pg_xxx functions are
documented in the manuals and more recent versions have database
wrappers in the Pear addon repository.

Does that help at all?

Oh - I'm not clear on what ODBC has to do with this.

--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd

Re: odbc in postgresql and php

From
"codeWarrior"
Date:
ODBC has nothing to do with this -- you compile postgreSQL support directly into PHP when you configure PHP just before the install...

./Configure --with-postgres --without-mysql

After that -- you need to join a PHP newsgroup for PHP questions....