Save prepared plan...

From
"Cristian Prieto"
Date:
Is there around any way to save a prepared plan in postgresql?

Re: Save prepared plan...

From
"Jim C. Nasby"
Date:
On Thu, Nov 03, 2005 at 10:01:30AM -0600, Cristian Prieto wrote:
> Is there around any way to save a prepared plan in postgresql?

Save as in save in the database for other connections to use? It's not
very clear what you're asking...

Re: Save prepared plan...

Date:
Cristian Prieto wrote:
> Is there around any way to save a prepared plan in postgresql?

Save for how long?  Save between sessions?  Globally for all sessions?
No, we have no capability for that, and we are not sure why someone
would want that.

Re: Save prepared plan...

From
"Cristian Prieto"
Date:
Save globally for all session or between sessions.

Well, I have a set of queries which runs several times. My clients connect
and execute it. But each time the client connects and disconnects, that
means that I loose the execution plan. I would like the keep the execution
plan between sessions that would improve the performance of the execution of
my application.

Any idea?

Date:
On Thu, Nov 03, 2005 at 03:22:34PM -0600, Cristian Prieto wrote:
> Save globally for all session or between sessions.
>
> Well, I have a set of queries which runs several times. My clients connect
> and execute it. But each time the client connects and disconnects, that
> means that I loose the execution plan. I would like the keep the execution
> plan between sessions that would improve the performance of the execution of
> my application.

If you're connecting and disconnecting frequently you probably want to
be using pgpool. Even if you're not, it would (mostly) satisfy what
you're trying to do here.