Re: [ANNOUNCE] PostgreSQL 8.1 Beta 4

From
"Magnus Hagander"
Date:
> >> In order to address some issues found with the Windows
> port, as well
> >> as GCC4, we have released a Beta 4 of the upcoming
> >> 8.1 Release.
> >
> > Are you specifically referring to the interrupt/signals test on
> > windows here? Because that one isn't in beta4, it was
> disabled again
> > before it was packaged...
> >
> > Or are you referring to something else?
>
> I was referring to:
>
> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-committers/2005-10/msg00321.php
>
> But hadn't seen the followup on the 22nd concerning
> temporarily disabling it :(
>
> Sorry about that ...

Ok. No problem, just wanted to make sure you knew it wasn't in there :-)

//Magnus

Re: [ANNOUNCE] PostgreSQL 8.1 Beta 4

From
"Zlatko Matic"
Date:
what is the schedule for releasing first official 8.1 ?

> >> In order to address some issues found with the Windows
> port, as well
> >> as GCC4, we have released a Beta 4 of the upcoming
> >> 8.1 Release.
> >
> > Are you specifically referring to the interrupt/signals test on
> > windows here? Because that one isn't in beta4, it was
> disabled again
> > before it was packaged...
> >
> > Or are you referring to something else?
>
> I was referring to:
>
> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-committers/2005-10/msg00321.php
>
> But hadn't seen the followup on the 22nd concerning
> temporarily disabling it :(
>
> Sorry about that ...

Ok. No problem, just wanted to make sure you knew it wasn't in there :-)

//Magnus

       match

Re: [ANNOUNCE] PostgreSQL 8.1 Beta 4

From
"Matthew T. O'Connor"
Date:
Zlatko Matic wrote:
> what is the schedule for releasing first official 8.1 ?

Ahh the eternal question.  I believe the official answers, and always
will be: When it's ready.  However seeing as they think they are just
about ready for Release Candidate stage, I would say, not too much
longer.  Anywhere from 2 - 6 weeks would be my best guess.

Matt

Re: [ANNOUNCE] PostgreSQL 8.1 Beta 4

From
"Zlatko Matic"
>> what is the schedule for releasing first official 8.1 ?
>
> Ahh the eternal question.  I believe the official answers, and always will
> be: When it's ready.  However seeing as they think they are just about
> ready for Release Candidate stage, I would say, not too much longer.
> Anywhere from 2 - 6 weeks would be my best guess.
>

> Matt

>       match

Re: [ANNOUNCE] PostgreSQL 8.1 Beta 4

From
"Marc G. Fournier"
Date:
On Tue, 25 Oct 2005, Zlatko Matic wrote:

> what is the schedule for releasing first official 8.1 ?

RC1 is schedualed for end of this week ... if that presents zero problems,
then figure on full release by the week after ... we're aiming for around
the 8th of November though ...

----