installation guide

From
srikanth potluri
Date:
hi ,

can any one send me the setailed step by step installaiton guide of postgre-sql on linux .

i am a novice user of linux ..
so i would be requiring very basic on information also ...

i have been given assignment on installing postgresql on linux today ...

so , friends , please help me out ....

also send me the preinstallation requirements ...

thanks a lot .

srikanth potluri .

Re: installation guide

From
"A. Kretschmer"
Date:
am  13.10.2005, um 23:36:26 -0700 mailte srikanth potluri folgendes:
> hi ,
>
> can any one send me the setailed step by step installaiton guide of postgre-sql on linux .

Which distribution? You should use the distribution packet system.

http://www.oryx.com/ams/postgresql.html

Regards, Andreas
--
Andreas Kretschmer    (Kontakt: siehe Header)
Heynitz:  035242/47212,      D1: 0160/7141639

Re: installation guide

From
Richard Huxton
Date:
srikanth potluri wrote:
> hi ,
>
> can any one send me the setailed step by step installaiton guide of
> postgre-sql on linux .
>
> i am a novice user of linux .. so i would be requiring very basic on
> information also ...
>
> i have been given assignment on installing postgresql on linux today

You don't say what distribution of linux you are using - most have
PostgreSQL pre-packaged in some way. That's the simplest way to install.

If you are trying to install from source, a good place to start is the
manuals available on the website http://www.postgresql.org/

--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd