How to uninstall Postgres on Iinux.

From
Ly Lam Ngoc Bich
Date:
I am using Linux Fedora 3 . I've installed Postgres with
postgresql-8.0.3.tar.gz package , so there is no rpm package  when I
check with
 rpm -qa|grep postgresql

 Please show me the way to uninstall PostgresSQL.

Sincerly yours,

Re: How to uninstall Postgres on Iinux.

From
Douglas McNaught
Date:
Ly Lam Ngoc Bich <ly.bich@ais.cmc.osaka-u.ac.jp> writes:

> I am using Linux Fedora 3 . I've installed Postgres with
> postgresql-8.0.3.tar.gz package , so there is no rpm package  when I
> check with
>  rpm -qa|grep postgresql
>
>  Please show me the way to uninstall PostgresSQL.

You should be able to go into the source directory where you compiled
PG and do 'make uninstall'.

-Doug

Re: How to uninstall Postgres on Iinux.

From
suresh ramasamy
Date:
On 10/6/05, Ly Lam Ngoc Bich <ly.bich@ais.cmc.osaka-u.ac.jp> wrote:
> I am using Linux Fedora 3 . I've installed Postgres with
> postgresql-8.0.3.tar.gz package , so there is no rpm package  when I
> check with
>  rpm -qa|grep postgresql
>
>  Please show me the way to uninstall PostgresSQL.
>
> Sincerly yours,

>        match

****************

Go the installation directory and try
#make uninstall  - >  if it doesn't work then do the following

# make clean
# make dist clean
and remove the directory manually

regards
suresh

Re: How to uninstall Postgres on Iinux.

From
Jonathan Trites
Date:
On 10/6/05, suresh ramasamy <suresh.sql@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 10/6/05, Ly Lam Ngoc Bich <ly.bich@ais.cmc.osaka-u.ac.jp> wrote:
> > I am using Linux Fedora 3 . I've installed Postgres with
> > postgresql-8.0.3.tar.gz package , so there is no rpm package  when I
> > check with
> >  rpm -qa|grep postgresql
> >
> >  Please show me the way to uninstall PostgresSQL.
> >
> > Sincerly yours,

> > TIP 9: In versions below 8.0, the planner will ignore your desire to
> >        choose an index scan if your joining column's datatypes do not
> >        match
> >
> ****************
>
> Go the installation directory and try
> #make uninstall  - >  if it doesn't work then do the following
>
> # make clean
> # make dist clean
> and remove the directory manually

I think he wants to know how to uninstall the files that were
installed with 'make install', not the source directory.

Date:
> > Go the installation directory and try
> > #make uninstall  - >  if it doesn't work then do the following
> >
> > # make clean
> > # make dist clean
> > and remove the directory manually
> >

> I think he wants to know how to uninstall the files that were
> installed with 'make install', not the source directory.

Nevermind, wow I'm tired, should read the entire email and not just
the last three lines.