pgclient hostbased authentication

From
Bohdan Linda
Date:
Hello,

may I ask, how(or which) ip is checked against pg_hba.conf IP entry in NAT
environment?

Could it be, that psql client packs IP address of the client into athentication data?

Regards,
Bohdan

Re: pgclient hostbased authentication

From
"A. Kretschmer"
Date:
am  21.09.2005, um 15:53:45 +0200 mailte Bohdan Linda folgendes:
> Hello,
>
> may I ask, how(or which) ip is checked against pg_hba.conf IP entry in NAT
> environment?
>
> Could it be, that psql client packs IP address of the client into athentication data?

No. Why? Describe your problem.

pg_hba.conf can only see the packet source-ip.

Regards, Andreas
--
Andreas Kretschmer    (Kontakt: siehe Header)
Heynitz:  035242/47212,      D1: 0160/7141639

Re: pgclient hostbased authentication

From
"Magnus Hagander"
Date:
> Hello,
>
> may I ask, how(or which) ip is checked against pg_hba.conf IP
> entry in NAT environment?
>
> Could it be, that psql client packs IP address of the client
> into athentication data?

No, it validates the source address on the TCP connection. In the event
of NAT, it will check the NATted address.

//Magnus

Date:
> No. Why? Describe your problem.

I have got response like bellow, when connecting to server in completely
different network than 172.x.x.x
org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: Connection rejected: FATAL: no
pg_hba.conf entry for host "172.x.x.x", user "XxXxXx", database
"yYyYyY", SSL off

Regards,
Bohdan