ERROR: bogus varno

From
Bricklen Anderson
Date:
8.1beta1, linux

If I issue a query from a view with a WHERE condition, w/ EXPLAIN ANALYZE, I am
receiving an error:

dev#EXPLAIN ANALYZE select sum(bytes) from user_bw where id=33897;
ERROR:  bogus varno: 205

(user_bw is a VIEW)

If I omit the WHERE condition, or the EXPLAIN ANALYZE, or query directly from a
table, it runs fine. A bug perhaps?

--
_______________________________

_______________________________

Re: ERROR: bogus varno

From
Michael Fuhr
Date:
On Fri, Sep 09, 2005 at 02:35:07PM -0700, Bricklen Anderson wrote:
> 8.1beta1, linux
>
> If I issue a query from a view with a WHERE condition, w/ EXPLAIN ANALYZE, I am
> receiving an error:
>
> dev#EXPLAIN ANALYZE select sum(bytes) from user_bw where id=33897;
> ERROR:  bogus varno: 205

Search the archives for "bogus varno"; this sounds like the same
bug that was fixed a couple of weeks ago.

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-committers/2005-08/msg00374.php

Grab the latest code from CVS or wait until 8.1beta2 comes out.  If
you still get the problem, report it to pgsql-hackers.

--
Michael Fuhr

Re: ERROR: bogus varno

Date:
Bricklen Anderson <BAnderson@PresiNET.com> writes:
> 8.1beta1, linux

> dev#EXPLAIN ANALYZE select sum(bytes) from user_bw where id=33897;
> ERROR:  bogus varno: 205

Known bug, fixed a week or two back.

            regards, tom lane

Re: ERROR: bogus varno

From
Bricklen Anderson
Tom Lane wrote:
> Bricklen Anderson <BAnderson@PresiNET.com> writes:
>
>>dev#EXPLAIN ANALYZE select sum(bytes) from user_bw where id=33897;
>>ERROR:  bogus varno: 205
>

> Known bug, fixed a week or two back.
>
>             regards, tom lane

Thanks, I'll have to grab the more recent version.

Cheers,

Bricklen

--
_______________________________

_______________________________

Re: ERROR: bogus varno

From
Michael Fuhr
Date:
On Fri, Sep 09, 2005 at 03:50:28PM -0600, Michael Fuhr wrote:
> Grab the latest code from CVS or wait until 8.1beta2 comes out.

It looks like snapshots are available here:

http://www.postgresql.org/ftp/dev/

--
Michael Fuhr

Re: ERROR: bogus varno

From
Bricklen Anderson
Tom Lane wrote:
> Bricklen Anderson <BAnderson@PresiNET.com> writes:
>
>>8.1beta1, linux
>

>>dev#EXPLAIN ANALYZE select sum(bytes) from user_bw where id=33897;
>>ERROR:  bogus varno: 205
>

> Known bug, fixed a week or two back.
>
>             regards, tom lane

Yep, that fixed it.