Check if SELECT is granted

From
Poul Møller Hansen
Date:
I'm wondering if it's possible for the ordinary user to check if SELECT
is granted on a give table, without doing the select ?

I want to use it in an application with a menu structure, where I only
want to enable those options where SELECT on a the tables used in the
given menu is granted.
Instead of keeping track on it in a separate table.

Thanks,
Poul

Re: Check if SELECT is granted

Date:
=?UTF-8?B?UG91bCBNw7hsbGVyIEhhbnNlbg==?= <freebsd@pbnet.dk> writes:
> I'm wondering if it's possible for the ordinary user to check if SELECT
> is granted on a give table, without doing the select ?

See the has_table_privilege() function.

            regards, tom lane

Re: Check if SELECT is granted

From
Poul Møller Hansen

> See the has_table_privilege() function.

Thanks, but how does it work ?

select has_table_privelege('public.mytable', 'select');
ERROR:  function has_table_privelege("unknown", "unknown") does not exist
HINT:  No function matches the given name and argument types. You may
need to add explicit type casts.

Poul

Re: Check if SELECT is granted

From
Michael Fuhr
Date:
On Fri, Sep 02, 2005 at 10:39:14PM +0200, Poul Møller Hansen wrote:

> >See the has_table_privilege() function.
>
> Thanks, but how does it work ?
>
> select has_table_privelege('public.mytable', 'select');
> ERROR:  function has_table_privelege("unknown", "unknown") does not exist
> HINT:  No function matches the given name and argument types. You may
> need to add explicit type casts.

It helps if you spell "privilege" correctly ;-)

--
Michael Fuhr

Re: Check if SELECT is granted

From
Poul Møller Hansen

> It helps if you spell "privilege" correctly ;-)

Thanks, stupud mistake ... :)

Poul