postgres 8.x on debian

From
marcelo Cortez
Date:
Hello all,

does anyone know, whether there is a
Debian Package for postgresql 8.x for stable version?
Thanks in advance.

MDC

Correo Yahoo!

Re: postgres 8.x on debian

From
"A. Kretschmer"
Date:
am  17.08.2005, um 15:12:55 -0300 mailte marcelo Cortez folgendes:
> Hello all,
>
> does anyone know, whether there is a
> Debian Package for postgresql 8.x for stable version?
> Thanks in advance.

I'm useing 8.0.3 from testing in Debian/Stable without problems.

Regards, Andreas
--
Andreas Kretschmer    (Kontakt: siehe Header)
Heynitz:  035242/47212,      D1: 0160/7141639

Re: postgres 8.x on debian

From
Mario Guenterberg
Date:
marcelo Cortez schrieb:
> Hello all,
>
> does anyone know, whether there is a
> Debian Package for postgresql 8.x for stable version?
> Thanks in advance.

There is no original package for postgresql v 8.x for debian sarge/stable.
The only original package for this postgresql version is in unstable/sid.
You can try download the source from a debian mirror near you and build
a package for your debian installation.
Maybe, the compiling of original source works fine under debian stable.
No errors, no missing dependencies or else.

With best regards

--
Mario Günterberg
mattheis. werbeagentur

Zillestrasse 105a. D - 10585 Berlin
Tel#49-(0)30 . 34 80 633 - 0
Fax#49-(0)30 . 34 80 633 50
http://www.mattheis-berlin.de

Wenn Sie glauben, dies sei ein großes Problem - warten Sie mal ab,
bis wir versuchen die Lösung zu finden. (Walter Matthau)

Attachment

Re: postgres 8.x on debian

From
Mario Guenterberg
Date:
Mario Guenterberg schrieb:
> marcelo Cortez schrieb:
>
>>Hello all,
>>
>>does anyone know, whether there is a
>>Debian Package for postgresql 8.x for stable version?
>>Thanks in advance.
>

> There is no original package for postgresql v 8.x for debian sarge/stable.
> The only original package for this postgresql version is in unstable/sid.
> You can try download the source from a debian mirror near you and build
> a package for your debian installation.
> Maybe, the compiling of original source works fine under debian stable.
> No errors, no missing dependencies or else.
>
> With best regards

And testing of course. ;-)

With best regards

--
Mario Günterberg
mattheis. werbeagentur
IT Engineer / Projektleiter

Zillestrasse 105a. D - 10585 Berlin
Tel#49-(0)30 . 34 80 633 - 0
Fax#49-(0)30 . 34 80 633 50
http://www.mattheis-berlin.de

Wenn Sie glauben, dies sei ein großes Problem - warten Sie mal ab,
bis wir versuchen die Lösung zu finden. (Walter Matthau)

Attachment

Re: postgres 8.x on debian

From
Martijn van Oosterhout
Date:
On Wed, Aug 17, 2005 at 09:48:35PM +0200, Mario Guenterberg wrote:
> marcelo Cortez schrieb:
> > Hello all,
> >
> > does anyone know, whether there is a
> > Debian Package for postgresql 8.x for stable version?
> > Thanks in advance.
>
> There is no original package for postgresql v 8.x for debian sarge/stable.
> The only original package for this postgresql version is in unstable/sid.
> You can try download the source from a debian mirror near you and build
> a package for your debian installation.

Skip the compiling,  just install it and it's dependancies from
testing. At this stage of the game there's so little difference between
stable and unstable that it'll just work.

Have a nice day,

Re: postgres 8.x on debian

From
Oliver Elphick
Date:
On Wed, 2005-08-17 at 21:09 +0200, A. Kretschmer wrote:
> am  17.08.2005, um 15:12:55 -0300 mailte marcelo Cortez folgendes:
> > Hello all,
> >
> > does anyone know, whether there is a
> > Debian Package for postgresql 8.x for stable version?
> > Thanks in advance.
>
> I'm useing 8.0.3 from testing in Debian/Stable without problems.

However, this situation may not last long, because a lot of changes in
unstable will work thrrough into testing and may make the libraries
incompatible.

It is safer to build from the source package.
   Do you want to know God?   http://www.lfix.co.uk/knowing_god.html