Cross database queries

From
postgresql@bryden.co.za
Date:
Hi

Suppose I have two databases on one server (lets call them DB_A and DB_B)
and I was to write a cross database query. How do I do this in PostgreSQL?

On MS-SQL I would do something like:

SELECT ta.Field1, ta.Field2, tb.Field2
FROM DB_A.dbo.SomeTable ta
JOIN DB_B.dbo.SomeOtherTable tb
  ON ta.Field1 = tb.Field1

Thanks
Craig

Re: Cross database queries

From
Sean Davis
Date:
On 8/9/05 10:21 AM, "postgresql@bryden.co.za" <postgresql@bryden.co.za>
wrote:

> Hi
>
> Suppose I have two databases on one server (lets call them DB_A and DB_B)
> and I was to write a cross database query. How do I do this in PostgreSQL?
>
> On MS-SQL I would do something like:
>
> SELECT ta.Field1, ta.Field2, tb.Field2
> FROM DB_A.dbo.SomeTable ta
> JOIN DB_B.dbo.SomeOtherTable tb
> ON ta.Field1 = tb.Field1

See /contrib/dblink in the postgresql source distribution.

Sean

Re: Cross database queries

From
Richard Huxton
Date:
postgresql@bryden.co.za wrote:
> Hi
>
> Suppose I have two databases on one server (lets call them DB_A and DB_B)
> and I was to write a cross database query. How do I do this in PostgreSQL?

Either use the dblink module from contrib/ or merge them into one
database but different schemas.

--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd