New MySQL to PostgreSQL Migration Guide

From
Chris Travers
Date:
Hi;

I have just posted a MySQL to PostgreSQL migration guide at
http://www.metatrontech.com/wpapers  and it is free for pretty much any
use (I do have a somewhat toned-down advertising clause in the copyright
license).

It is a first draft and formatting and other stuff will be likely
changed.  I am also considering creating a set of wrapper functions
which will provide compatibility with many of the non-standard functions
in MySQL.

Any feedback, etc. is appreciated.

Best Wishes,
Chris Travers
Metatron Technology Consulting

Re: [pgsql-advocacy] New MySQL to PostgreSQL Migration Guide

From
Christopher Kings-Lynne
Date:
PDF not found?

Chris Travers wrote:
> Hi;
>
> I have just posted a MySQL to PostgreSQL migration guide at
> http://www.metatrontech.com/wpapers  and it is free for pretty much any
> use (I do have a somewhat toned-down advertising clause in the copyright
> license).
>
> It is a first draft and formatting and other stuff will be likely
> changed.  I am also considering creating a set of wrapper functions
> which will provide compatibility with many of the non-standard functions
> in MySQL.
>
> Any feedback, etc. is appreciated.
>
> Best Wishes,
> Chris Travers
> Metatron Technology Consulting

Re: [pgsql-advocacy] New MySQL to PostgreSQL Migration Guide

From
"Jim C. Nasby"
Date:
So should we ask to take over the sql2pg project on pgfoundry and move
the existing scripts over there, as well as the migration guide?

Date:
Christopher Kings-Lynne wrote:

> PDF not found?

Argh....  Ok.  Fixed.

It is about 12 pages.  Table of contents entries are clickable.  I am
not familiar enough with Docbook so I just wrote it in LaTeX (sources
available upon request).

Direct link is http://www.metatrontech.com/wpapers/mysql2postgresql.pdf

Attachment

Re: New MySQL to PostgreSQL Migration Guide

From
Chris Travers
Date:
To anyone who tried before, the link is fixed.