truncate all tables?

From
Zlatko Matić
Date:
How could I truncate, delete all content of all tables in one step ?

Re: truncate all tables?

From
Michael Glaesemann
Date:
On Jun 29, 2005, at 6:34 PM, Zlatko Matić wrote:

> How could I truncate, delete all content of all tables in one step ?

The PostgreSQL documentation is quite good. I recommend looking
through it.

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.0/interactive/index.html

In particular, here:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.0/interactive/sql-truncate.html

Google works pretty well also:

http://www.google.com/search?biw=892&hl=en&q=postgresql
+truncate&btnG=Google+Search

Hope this helps.

Michael Glaesemann
grzm myrealbox com

Re: truncate all tables?

From
Richard Huxton
Date:
Zlatko Matić wrote:
> How could I truncate, delete all content of all tables in one step ?

Something like this?

pg_dump --schema-only mydb > mydb.schema.dump
dropdb mydb
psql -f mydb.schema.dump mydb

--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd

Re: truncate all tables?

From
Michael Glaesemann
Date:
On Jun 29, 2005, at 7:04 PM, Richard Huxton wrote:

> Zlatko Matić wrote:
>
>> How could I truncate, delete all content of all tables in one step ?
>>

> Something like this?
>
> pg_dump --schema-only mydb > mydb.schema.dump
> dropdb mydb
> psql -f mydb.schema.dump mydb

That's nice!

Michael Glaesemann
grzm myrealbox com

Re: truncate all tables?

From
Doug Bloebaum
Date:
On 6/29/05, Zlatko Matić <zlatko.matic1@sb.t-com.hr> wrote:

> How could I truncate, delete all content of all tables in one step ?

You could use a query to generate the statements in psql:

\t
\o trunc_all.out

SELECT 'TRUNCATE ' || table_name || ';'
  FROM information_schema.tables